The “To Hear and Be Heard Youth Forum” will bring together 75 youth between the ages of 18 to 25, representing all regions of Canada who live with hearing loss to share experiences, cultures, and learn to be leaders of change. Participants can look forward to educational workshops on a variety of topics (language, employment, human rights, etc.), guest speakers, visits to local historical sites and countless opportunities to network and collaborate with fellow hard of hearing youth.
The event will be held in Ottawa, Ontario from November 7-10, 2018. Participants costs for travel will be covered by the department of Canadian Heritage, this could be by air, train, bus, or vehicle. The Novotel Hotel in Ottawa has been booked from November 7-10th (three nights). If you wish to stay any additional nights, this will be at your own expense.
Youth attending the Youth Forum must meet the following criteria:
- Be at least 18 and no more than 25 years of age during the 2018 event.
- Previous or current involvement in the hard of hearing community.
- Have been identified as possessing great leadership skills and capabilities and/or potential by their mentors or representatives.
- Possess good academic standing (either current or past, if graduated).
- Have demonstrated maturity when involved in their regional events or affiliations.
Deadline: Please submit the registration form at the latest Monday, October 7th, 2018.
This project has been made possible [in part] by the Government of Canada.
Follow the Youth Forum on Instagram!