The Canadian Hard of Hearing Association is looking for a student to provide administrative and clerical services for the National Office in Ottawa, ON.
Position: Administrative Assistant
Length of Position: 8 weeks
Start Date: July 9, 2018
Rate of Pay: $14.00/hr.
Status Seasonal: 30 hours per week (non-benefited)
Basic Assignments: The Administrative Assistant will help the association with its general day-to-day operations. The student will be responsible for providing administrative and clerical services in order to ensure effective and efficient operations for the Canadian Hard of Hearing Association’s National Office.
Responsibilities for the position will include but not restricted to the following:
- Type correspondence, reports and other documents in English and French
- Maintain office files
- Assist in the planning of events and other initiatives
- Open and distribute the mail
- Research and report writing
- Answer phone calls in relation to general hearing loss issues as well as questions regarding the association’s activities in English and French
- Assist with the dissemination of material to association members as well as branches and chapters
- Provide drafts of newsletter articles and social media updates for the organization in English and French
- Other administrative duties assigned
- Student must be between 15 and 30 years of age (inclusive) at the start of employment and a Canadian Citizen
- Student must be registered as a full-time student during the preceding academic year and intends to return to school on a full-time basis during the next academic year
- Demonstrated organizational skills and the ability to work independently
- An asset:
- Having a hearing loss
- Knowledge related hearing loss issues
- Computer literacy; Web maintenance
- Excellent reading/writing skills and working knowledge in both official languages
How to apply:
Please send your resume by mail at: email@example.com to the attention of Karla Wilson.