Title: Program Coordinator
Location: Ottawa, ON
Position Status: Part-time (25 hours per-week) to July 2023
Salary: $30,000 annually
Reports to: National Executive Director
ABOUT THE OPPORTUNITY
This position aims to develop a stronger foundation for leadership with youth with disabilities and to provide the successful candidate with an all-around exposure to working in the not-for-profit sector. We offer the successful candidate the experience to develop their leadership skills.
Working directly with the Manager of Accessibility Programs and communications, the successful candidate will assist National Office staff and senior volunteers with various programming needs for the Canadian Hard of Hearing Association, including the following: events, fundraising, marketing, communications, projects, grant writing, and board development. In addition, you are responsible for developing positive working relationships with national partners, work with our national networks from coast-to-coast-to coast on various projects, assist with national outreach activities, act as a liaison between CHHA and the CHHA Young Adults Network and assist the CHHA National Board of Directors.
This project is to develop leadership skills for youth with disabilities. Funding for this project requires that CHHA hire a youth (individual between the age of 18-35) with a disability, specifically a youth who is hard of hearing. Successful Candidates are required to commit the full contract to fulfil the funding requirements for this project.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Oversee all stages of project planning and execution, alongside, the manager.
- Represent the organization professionally and confidently in both written and verbal communications, internally and externally
- Collaborate on event planning and ensure no detail is missed throughout the execution of the event
- Ensure all travel plans are taken care of in a timeline manner
- Prepare and coordinate proposals, presentations, and reporting
- Write communications copy, including press releases, conference descriptions, and correspondence
- Build strong relationships with internal and external stakeholders, and provide strategic guidance and direction
- Use a variety of social media and online tools to amplify the reach of the organization
- Demonstrate the ability to analyze issues and innovatively solve complex problems independently
- Provide leadership support to various team members, the National Board of Directors and others
- Maintain a close working relationship with the team
- Other duties as required to enhance the mission, vision and values of CHHA National.
ABOUT YOU, THE CANDIDATE
- Ability to work remotely.
- Experience with disabilities and/or communications in a work setting.
- Excellent written, communication and interpersonal skills.
- Comfortable working in a close-knit team environment.
- Demonstrated ability to implement tactics to help maintain and strengthen organizational awareness and messaging.
- Knowledge of hearing loss issues, support groups, and peer-to-peer counselling.
- Highly organized, able to meet deadlines, and manage multiple priorities.
- High proficiency with MS-Office Suite (Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint, Word)
- Understanding and sensitivity of issues relating to people with disabilities / hearing loss an asset
- Post-secondary education in a related field an asset.
- Bilingualism in English/French an asset.
CANADIAN HARD OF HEARING ASSOCIATION
The Canadian Hard of Hearing Association (CHHA) is the leading consumer advocacy organization representing the needs of the nearly 4-million Canadians living with hearing loss. With a network from coast-to-coast-to-coast, CHHA collaborates with professionals, service providers, governments, and others to provide life-enhancing information, support, and advocacy.
Established in 1982, CHHA has a global reputation in developing and delivering a wide range of initiatives that have challenged the status quo when working with people with hearing loss. We are sought after to provide comments and feedback on various policy initiatives, identify best practices, develop, and test technology, programs and services. Our efforts have advanced the quality of life for people living with hearing loss.
- Remote work environment with some travel to Ottawa and other Canadian cities
- Our main office is in an accessible downtown Ottawa location.
- Many meetings require communication strategies, communication access support, and patience to connect with those with hearing loss effectively.
CLOSING DATE: Open until filled
Email Resume & cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Subject Line: Program Coordinator
Note: This project is to develop leadership skills for youth with disabilities. Funding for this project requires that CHHA hire a youth (individual between the age of 18-35) with a disability, specifically a youth who is hard of hearing. Successful Candidates are required to commit to the full contract to fulfil the funding requirements for this project.
Inspire and empower Canadians impacted by hearing loss.
Connecting Canadians impacted by hearing loss through advocacy, education and community engagement.
We cherish diversity.
We break down walls and build bridges.
We drive change.
CHHA is inclusive. We celebrate multiple approaches and points of view. Diversity is an integral part of our history, culture, and identity. Inclusion is the way we treat and perceive all differences. We want to create an inclusive culture where all forms of diversity are seen as real value for our members.
Thank you for your application
In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA), CHHA will provide accommodation, accessible formats and communication supports for the interview