Here are some mentor supports in the form of helpful websites, blogs, journals, and additional resources.
There are a number of helpful first-person accounts of living with a hearing loss, which are now available on line as ebooks. Some of them are listed below.
- Shouting Won’t Help
- Living Better with Hearing Loss
- The Way I Hear It
- Wired for Sound
Here are some helpful blogs that we suggest would aid you
- Katherine Bouton
- Living with Hearing Loss
- Ida Institute
- Hearing Health & Technology Matters
- Petition to the government of Canada to change the overly restrictive criteria for the HOH to qualify for the Disability Tax credit.
- “How to Talk to a Hard of Hearing Person (2016)” by Gael Hannan.
- “How to Have a Better Conversation with Someone with Hearing Loss” by Shari Eberts.