This purpose of this award is to encourage Branches, Chapters and Members to offer the best possible accessibility to its members, thereby stimulating greater member participation and involvement. Considerations for this award are the following activities engaged in by Branches and Chapters:
- Handling technical access for Branch/Chapter activities and members
- Giving presentations, demonstrations or training sessions on technical devices
- Contribution to publicizing technical aids
- The loan of equipment to others in the community
- Installation of assistive listening devices at some community organization or building
- Suggestion of an innovative technological solution to a problem
- Uncovering a technical flaw or design error, and doing something about it
As the field of technical devices for the hard of hearing population is new and exciting, the potential for creative ideas is enormous. There is no limit to membership initiatives and all are encouraged to be innovative.
The nomination must be accompanied by a brief biological sketch of the Branch, Chapter or CHHA member of no more than 500 words, and details of the technology used. Criteria would include (where applicable) the nature of the activity/technology, the costs involved, feasibility, creativity and the number of those involved.