Do you want to make a positive, impactful difference in the lives of the millions of Canadians who have hearing loss? The Canadian Hard of Hearing Association (CHHA) is inviting applications to our National Board of Directors.
The Canadian Hard of Hearing Association (CHHA) is the leading consumer advocacy organization representing the needs of over 4 million Canadians living with hearing loss. With 24 Networks/Chapters from coast-to-coast-to-coast, CHHA works collaboratively with health care professionals, community service providers, education institutions, private business and government to meet the needs of people with hearing loss. CHHA delivers life-enhancing resources, programs, and services to ensure people with hearing loss can overcome barriers in their lives and participate fully in all aspects of their communities.
Our Vision: The Canadian Hard of Hearing Association’s vision is to inspire and empower Canadians impacted by hearing loss.
Our Values: We cherish diversity. We break down walls and build bridges. We drive Change.
Building on the strengths of our existing national networks, volunteers and members, we are looking to add “1” more volunteer to serve on the National Board of Directors.
General duties and responsibilities:
- Participate in the development and monitoring of long-term plans for the organization through our strategic plan.
- Participate in implementing and improving the policies of our organization.
- Ensure fiscal responsibility.
- Attend and actively participate in board meetings (approximately six meetings per year, currently held virtually).
- Serve on a minimum of one committee of the board and work independently to promote the work of CHHA National and our networks across the country.
- Board members are asked to serve a three-year term.
As an organization with a national mandate, we value and encourage applications which reflect the broad perspectives, cultures, languages, and geographic identities from across Canada.
*CHHA supports the principle of “nothing for us without us” and is committed to having a Board that strives for a minimum of 50 % plus 1 representation of people with lived experience and/or direct experience as caregivers of someone with a hearing loss.
If you are interested in exploring this exciting opportunity, please email email@example.com for further information.