Code of Conduct
Participants in the program must agree to the following codes of conduct:
- Establish a schedule of communications, for example once a week or other.
- Keep strictly confidential all information shared and obtained as a result of the mentoring process. Not discuss or share any such information outside of the mentoring situation under any circumstances unless agreed upon, in advance, by all parties concerned.
- Always be respectful of one another.
- When posting messages in the chatroom, do not reveal anything about yourself that you would not feel comfortable revealing to a stranger you met on the street..
- Do not post or promote content that is illegal; post or link to content that is harmful, abusive, racially or ethnically offensive, vulgar, or sexually explicit.
- Do not pretend to be anyone whom they are not.
- Refrain from requesting meetings with your mentor, unless the meeting is arranged by a volunteer supervisor of the program.
All mentors must meet certain criteria to be admitted to the CHHA Online Hearing Loss Mentoring Program.
- These criteria include being a member of CHHA;
- have a hearing loss and some length of experience in wearing a hearing device (hearing aid, cochlear implant, BAHA) and experience using assistive listening devices;
- education and or training in coping strategies for managing hearing loss;
- comfortable and familiar with using the internet;
- must then take the Mentor Training provided by CHHA, for this program.
- must also commit to a full year of mentoring, and to being regularly available in their own private chat room.
- must also pass a Criminal Record Check before being accepted into the program.
If you want to become a mentor, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.