K-12 | Post-Secondary
- British Colombia Ministry of Education - Students with Hearing Loss: A Resource Guide to Support Classroom Teachers
- Includes often-asked questions, information and communication, and teaching strategies to help broaden awareness and experience of the language and world of students who are hard of hearing or deaf.
- Canadian Association of Educators of the Deaf and Hard-of-Hearing (CAEDHH)
- Formerly known as The Association of Canadian Educators of the Hearing Impaired (ACEHI)
- Hard of Hearing
- Specialization in Education of Deaf/Hard of Hearing - This program prepares teachers to work with both deaf and hard of hearing.
- Vancouver Oral Centre for Deaf Children
- The VOC's mission is to enable children with hearing loss to achieve a high level of literacy through auditory-oral deaf education and to enable them to have every opportunity to be successful academically, socially and emotionally.
back to top
- Association of Universities and Colleges of Canada
- Facilitates the development of public policy on higher education and encourages cooperation among universities and governments, industry, communities, and institutions in other countries.
- Canadian Society for Social Development
- The Canadian Society for Social Development offers free, online entrepreneurial and web design training to qualifying Canadians with disabilities. Check out their programs at: www.cssd-web.org. Funded by the government of Canada.
- National Educational Association of Disabled Students - NEADS
- The National Educational Association of Disabled Students is a Canada-wide, consumer-based, cross-disability organization that advocates for full access by college and university students with disabilities to postsecondary education and employment
- Ron Cope Gateway Resource Room @ York University
- The Ron Cope Gateway Resource Room has been established at York University in 1998 to commemorate the late Ronald Mason Cope, a York University alumnus, tireless educator and advocate of persons with hearing loss. The room offers resources, not only for students who are Deaf, deafened and hard of hearing, but also for people at York University and in the wider community looking for information pertaining to Deaf, deafened and hard of hearing issues.
back to top