Captioning and Electronic/Computerized Notetaking | Cochlear Implants|
Hearing Aids | Technical Devices
Captioning and Electronic/Computerized Notetaking
- Caption FAQ
- This site provides answers to frequently asked questions about captioning.
- Caption Center
- At WGBH Boston, MA.
- The Captioning Group Inc.
- The Captioning Group Inc., (Calgary and Edmonton, AB) specializes in providing Closed Captioning & Realtime Court Reporting, Realtime Captioning & Court Reporting Closed Captioning (CC) & Realtime Court Reporting Services.
- CCmaker Closed-Captioning
- Adds closed-captions to videos.
- Closed Captioning Web
- A Web page for those who may not be aware of closed captioning
- Computer Prompting & Captioning Co.
- Midwest Captions
- A list of captioned and non-captioned commercials that were aired during the Super Bowl.
- National Captioning Institute
- A nonprofit corporation with the mission of ensuring that deaf and hard of hearing people, as well as others who can benefit from the service, have access to television's entertainment and news through the technology of closed captioning.
- National Court Reporters Association
- Committed to being the leader in advancing the profession of those who capture and integrate the spoken word into a comprehensive and accurate information base for the benefit of the public and private sectors.
- Neeson & Knoll Real-Time Reporting
- Neeson & Knoll is a specialized court reporting service which offers a variety of services to lawyers and deafened individuals.
- RealTime Reporters
- The Internet Captioning Software
- Video Tape Associates
- Visual Voice Captions
- Visual Voice Captions delivers Cadillac of Communication Access services through its North American network of CART Providers and Realtime Captioners. We travel is done to international, regional and local assignments as well as working remotely by Internet CART or modem Captioning in certain settings.
back to top
- AllHear,Inc.'s Web Site - Featuring CI Mongraphs
- A company which designs, manufactures and sells cochlear implants.
- Advanced Bionics (Cochlear Implants)
- Cochlear Implant Association Inc.
- A non-profit organization dedicated to educating and supporting cochlear implant recipients and their families; advocating and promoting cochlear implants.
- Cochlear Implant Online
- For over a decade, Cochlear Implant Online has provided readers with the latest news, information, and commentary on issues related to hearing loss, hearing technology, and rehabilitation. The site, which has no corporate or organizational ties and is not a for-profit entity, serves as an independent resource for adults with hearing loss, parents of children who are deaf or hard of hearing, and professionals in the fields of medicine, rehabilitation, and education.
- Dr. William House (Implant Pioneer) - "Cochlear Implants: My Perspective"
- National Institute on Deafness and Other Communication Disorders
- Nucleus' Cochlear Implant
back to top
- The Kenneth W. Berger Hearing Aid Museum and Archives
- Siemans Hearing Instruments, Inc.
back to top
- ALDS Inc.
- ALDS Inc. of Vancouver, B.C., manufactures and distributes worldwide - assistive devices that are developed and tested with the help of hard of hearing people.
- Better Hearing Solutions
- Better Hearing Solutions provides solutions for hard of hearing community through the supply and installation of assistive hearing/listening systems - with a particular (but not exclusive) focus on audio loop technology.
- Canadian Hearing Society
- Canadian Hearing Society (CHS) offers a variety of devices, amplified phones, personal sound amplification systems, television assistive listening systems, vibrating watches and clocks, and more.
- Pure Direct Sound
- The objective of this business is to provide high quality hearing aid compatible ("telecoil") listening products delivering "pure direct sound" to our customers at low cost. Located in Bainbridge Island, Washington.
- Technology Assessment Program
- Gaullaudet University's TAP - produces information for use by industry, government, and consumers in the area of visual communications by deaf and hard of hearing people.
- Where to Obtain Devices and Systems (pdf)
- CHHA has compiled a list of information on where devices can be obtained in pdf format for your convenience.
back to top